1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
Throughout this module I have learnt a lot more about analysis, looking further into a piece of work seeing the motives and its influences, where it sits in history, and why it was made. I think that I have applied this new skill especially well within my study tasks and my essay. I have also learnt about theories and key theorists and how they have influenced the world. I also think that I have developed my research skills thoroughly and I have applied these new skills by collecting more valid and academic sources, I have also looked into more books and I think that this is evident in my essay and my publication; which was primarily informed by a certain book, and this book also helped me with the idea of my publication, which I found really interesting to research.
2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
I have been a lot more research orientated in this module, and I think that this developed through the module, which in the end informed me well for the practical element. I have also tried to synthesize context and practical sides of my work and made them into a publication.
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think that, especially for my publication I have a strong body of research, that really informed my piece, I will continue to develop this strength by finding more academic/ reliable sources that I can use to inform my work.
I would also say my publication has a strong concept and the audience is well defined, I also think that it does connect to my initial essay and the two interconnect. I will try to do this in the next module and I will continue to push my concepts and use them in more academic pieces.
As well as this evident in my study tasks is my ability to analyse and I will continue to do this when looking at pieces of work, and I will try to use this skill to analyse my own work.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
I think that the design of my publication, could have been better, I felt as though I had to rush through the actual design of the book, although I do feel that it is appropriate for the audience. In the future I will try to organise my time more efficiently and perhaps not go into so much detail when researching, and as well as this start the project earlier, as one of the main weaknesses of my work was the limitations I had when it came to producing the final piece, such as time, printing, binding etc. I had to design around these limitations, and ideally I would in the future like to have as little limitations as possible.
Another weakness in my work that has been identified to me is my essay structuring. I will learn from the structure of the essay so that I can form a better essay in the future, which will make it more intellectual and organised. I can do this by looking at help on the module handbook and planning the structure of my essay not just the content.
5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
- Plan my time more efficiently so that I do not have production limitations, which means I can produce almost anything I can think of, which might make for a better more innovative piece.
- I will structure by essay in a more academic format so that I can triangulate more successfully with 5 or 6 sources not just 3 or 4.
- I will spend more time on designing and developing my practical work so that I can explore my own practice and be completely satisfied with the end product.
- I will collect more defined research so that I will have an extensive knowledge on one particular area that I will be able to discuss in an essay at length.
- And finally I will try to start pieces of work more immediately allowing myself the time to plan and design.
Quantity of work produced 3
Quality of work produced 3
Contribution to the group 3