Thursday 15 January 2015

End Of Module Evaluation

End Of Module Evaluation
OUGD601
Context Of Practice 3

1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?


I have really developed my ability to research a variety of sources and collate them into arguments for a dissertation. I think that I have also developed the ability to effectively research which has saved me a lot of time. I also think I have developed my understanding of synthesis between theory and practical, and showing my understanding of how they connect. I have also developed by photography skills via photographing my practical work.

2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have developed my work from a more theoretical stance. I have also used the ideas of the theory in my design and production. For instance sustainability was a theme I looked at within my dissertation, it was also a key concept within the practical and so I printed on recycled stock as this is more sustainable and so the three connect. I have also looked into brochure design more and how they inform and promote housing, as well as brand and I feel that this helpful for my own interests within graphic design and my own practice. I have also developed my photography skills for the presentation of my work and I feel that being shown and doing this properly will help me in the future to photograph and present work properly.

3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I feel that strength of my dissertation was that I had researched and read into a lot of sources, I think that this really helped me have a variety of sources and it also broadened my own knowledge and thoughts. I think that having an understanding of the theory helped me to link it to my practical and meant that my practical work had a deeper theoretical connection. I also feel like my practical design work is strong visually and I enjoyed designing a brochure type publication, I will capitalise on this by my experience and developing my own design style and interests. I would also say that another strength is I gave myself enough time to complete each part of this module especially the written element I am pleased I began my research in summer and kept going back to the dissertation, I felt that having it completed earlier meant that I got feedback which meant that I could keep improving the written element.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I would say that a weakness within this module is the production of the folder, I feel that this is a lesser quality to the rest of the materials, this is because, firstly I feel that it is a little bit too big, a folder wouldn’t need to be a big, I also think it could have been better if it closed properly with a tab or something similar, and I had to back the folder onto card, which in hindsight was a little too thick. I think I may not have allocated enough time for my practical, all though I don’t feel overall that I had rushed. I think it may have been useful to have the work ready for critique from peers, and this may of improved aspects of the piece.


Attendance- 5
Punctuality- 5
Motivation- 4
Commitment- 4
Quantity of Work Produced- 4
Quality of Work Produced- 4
Contribution to the Group- 4










No comments:

Post a Comment